A Beginner’s Guide to Male Rhinoplasty
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, male rhinoplasty ranks as one of the most popular plastic surgery procedures for men. Aimed at treating everything from cosmetic to breathing issues, this surgical procedure helps male patients achieve a more chiseled facial appearance through natural-looking results. To determine if male rhinoplasty is right for you, learn more about what to expect from this procedure, its range of benefits, and the different types of surgeries performed by Dr. William Franckle, MD, FACS.
What Is Male Rhinoplasty?
Male rhinoplasty, commonly referred to as a ‘nose job,’ is a procedure that reshapes a fully developed nose for cosmetic, health, or structural purposes. With rhinoplasty surgery, men are able to correct any nasal defects or disproportions that inhibit a balanced and traditionally masculine facial appearance. Aside from promoting facial symmetry, male rhinoplasty can also be performed to correct breathing disorders caused by sleep apnea or a deviated septum.
Benefits of Male Rhinoplasty
No matter if you’re interested in male rhinoplasty to enhance your facial harmony or resolve your breathing issues, the benefits of this procedure include:
- Eliminating structural defects by providing long-lasting repairs
- Ensuring that the nose shape and size complement other facial features, such as the chin, cheeks, and jawline
- Boosting patients’ self-confidence by improving overall facial appearance
Options for Rhinoplasty Surgery
Each rhinoplasty procedure performed by Dr. Franckle is tailored to the unique needs of the individual patient. Depending on your situation and ultimate end goal, Dr. Franckle may use one of the following surgical techniques:
- Open rhinoplasty: Both internal incisions and external incisions are made across the skin between the nostrils, also known as the columella. These incisions help to reshape the nasal bones, cartilage, and soft tissues.
- Closed rhinoplasty: Only internal incisions are made on the inner surface of the nostrils, which helps to reshape the nasal bones, cartilage, and soft tissues.
- Tip-plasty: This procedure can either be open or closed and helps reshape the nose tip, giving it a sharper point.
- Nostril reduction: Tiny incisions are made at the outer base of the nostrils to reduce their size.
Your South Jersey Rhinoplasty Specialist
Whether you’re considering male rhinoplasty to enhance your appearance or correct your nasal defect, a board-certified plastic surgeon can help you achieve the best results. With extensive experience serving South Jersey residents, Dr. Franckle uses the most advanced surgical techniques to help patients feel confident in their skin again. Contact us today to learn more about a rhinoplasty procedure right for you.