Road to Recovery: Navigating the Healing Process After Male Liposuction
The hardest part is over! Your male liposuction procedure is complete.
Because you followed Dr. Franckle’s pre-operation instructions, you went into your surgery feeling healthy and comfortable.
Now it’s time to recover and come back better than ever.
The importance of recovering properly after cosmetic surgery can not be overstated. It’s essential to ensuring your safety and attaining your desired results.
Through his many years of being a Board-Certified plastic surgeon in South Jersey, Dr. Franckle has developed an effective recovery plan.
Read along to learn:
– More about male liposuction
– How to safely recover from male liposuction
– Tips to recover faster from male liposuction
– How to maintain your male liposuction results
Understanding Male Liposuction With William Franckle, MD, FACS
Dr. Franckle can utilize liposuction surgery to help you remove stubborn fat deposits from areas that diet and exercise can’t seem to take care of, including:
– Stomach (often paired with a tummy tuck)
– Other areas you want unwanted fat removed
A male liposuction procedure isn’t actually that different from its female counterpart.
The most notable contrast is that men have a different kind of fat than women. Male fat cells are encased in a fibrous tissue, making it a little more challenging to remove. But on the bright side, male skin is thicker and tends to recover better than women’s after fat removal.
Dr. Franckle will create a specific treatment plan depending on your body aesthetic goals, fat volume, and overall health.
Different types of liposuction for men
You will be placed under general or local anesthesia for each of the following body contouring procedures:
– Suction-assisted liposuction: The most common liposuction method, suction-assisted liposuction, utilizes small tubes connected to a vacuum-like device to remove stubborn areas of fat. Dr. Franckle will place these tubes in your desired treatment site through small incisions, then use a push/pull motion to break down your unwanted fat cells and remove them.
– Laser-assisted liposuction (LAL): Some patients choose LAL because it is known to reduce recovery time and be less damaging to surrounding tissue. This cosmetic surgery uses laser energy to emulsify unwanted pockets of fat beneath the skin that is then removed using a similar vacuum tube.
– Ultrasound-assisted liposuction (UAL): UAL uses a special cannula that vibrates rapidly to create ultrasound energy. This ultrasound energy breaks down fat cells into a liquid that is then sucked out using a vacuum tube. The ultrasonic energy can be administered above the skin using a special emitter or below the skin with an ultrasound cannula.
Recovering Safely From Male Liposuction
Dr. Franckle creates an individual plastic surgery recovery plan for each one of his patients. He will consider your medical history, treated areas, blood loss, and more during your consultation.
That said, Dr. Franckle has certain guidelines and recovery expectations that he lays out for most patients after a weight loss procedure.
What to expect after your plastic surgery procedure
After your surgical procedure, you will experience swelling, bruising, and soreness for a few weeks. During this time, Dr. Franckle will prescribe pain medication to help make you comfortable and antibiotics to prevent infections. You must also wear a compression garment to control your swelling following your weight loss surgery.
You should be able to return to work within a few days of your procedure and resume normal activities within 2-3 weeks.
Tips to Recover Faster From Liposuction for Men
While the recovery rate varies from person to person, you can do a few things to avoid setbacks and help your body recover at an enhanced rate.
To ensure a speedy, comfortable recovery, you should:
– Speak with Dr. Franckle about all the medications you’re taking — some medications can complicate your recovery process
– Avoid caffeine
– Maintain a healthy diet full of nutrients
– Drink plenty of water (10-12 glasses a day)
– Keep the area of your incision clean and watch for infection signs
– Wear loose-fitting clothing to lessen the chances of skin irritation
– Incorporate light exercise to keep your blood flowing (speak with Dr. Franckle about specifics before incorporating exercise)
– Go to all of your follow-up appointments
How to Maintain Your Male Liposuction Results
Liposuction for men is not an end-all solution to weight gain. Maintaining a healthy weight takes hard work and dedication. This is not to say you should never enjoy a burger or a piece of cake, but you should maintain a relatively healthy diet and an exercise routine.
Many experts recommend the 80-20 (or weekend) diet to maintain weight loss. When following this diet, 80% of the food you consume will be fresh, unprocessed whole foods (think fruits, veggies, whole grains, and lean meats), and the other 20% being your favorite treats.
This, combined with the CDC’s recommendation of 150 minutes of moderate-intensity physical activity and two days of strength training, will help you not to gain weight and maintain your surgery results.
Male Liposuction FAQ
What are the most popular male liposuction procedures for men?
The most common areas men get liposuction are the chest, abdomen, neck, and love handles. But cosmetic surgery is not a one-size-fits-all industry. Speak with Dr. Franckle about the areas where you would like to prioritize removing excess fat.
How painful is male liposuction?
You will be under anesthesia during the procedure, so you will not feel any pain. After your procedure, you will feel moderate pain and soreness for a few days, but this discomfort is typically manageable with medication.
How much does male liposuction cost?
The cost of your surgery will depend on the size of the area treated and the amount of fat removed. But generally, you can expect male liposuction to cost around $3,700 at William Franckle, MD, FACS.
Male Liposuction Consultation in South Jersey
Dr. Franckle is a knowledgeable cosmetic surgeon in South Jersey that uses the most up-to-date technology and tactics.
With over 20 years of experience and certifications from the American Board of Plastic Surgery and the American Board of Medical Specialties, Dr. Franckle has the skills to help you reach your body aesthetic goals.